Multi Dimension Ranking

Hi,

I have 2 modules, 1 has dimensions of TenantGroup, ReportPeriod and UserRole namely AgingperGroup. And the other module has TenantGroup and UserRole namely AgingGroupRanking. The latest module will take the data from the previous and lookup the CurrentPeriod parameter to get the exact data(of which data period) to be ranked for later.

Since I want each of the user who has UserRole to play around without effecting another Role's data, the dimension of the modules has to contain UserRole. But I have trouble to create a ranking system which should be have different result for each user.

the current result I got using RANK() is that from total 30 Tenant Groups, it multiplies with UserRole number and the last ranking become 120 instead of 30(per each user).

Is there a way to work around to get the right result of ranking?

Thanks!

Answers

• If i understand correctly each user will have one UserRole. This means you can limit access of each user via filter line item dimentioned by Users and UserRole. Not sure what RANK is for here. What this number against user and tenant group will give you?

• 1 role might have multiple user.
    The goal is that I want to show the Aging Ranking based on each User Role, that's why I was hoping to use anaplan Rank().

I have 30 Tenant Group by now(in a list). If I have to rank it from the one who has most amount to the least amount, the rank for each Group should be

rank - group - amount
    -------------------------------------------
    1 - GroupA - 1000000
    2 - GroupB - 900000
    3 - GroupC - 800000
    30 - GroupZz - 0

but using Rank() with the dimensions the result came out like this

userrole - rank - group - amount
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Role1 - 1 - GroupA - 1000000
    Role1 - 4 - GroupB - 900000
    Role1 - 9 - GroupC - 800000
    Role1 - 120 - GroupZz - 0
    Role2 - 1 - GroupA - 1000000
    Role2 - 4 - GroupC - 900000
    Role2 - 9 - GroupB - 800000
    Role2 - 120 - GroupZz - 0

I expect the result to be something like this
    userrole rank group amount
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Role1 - 1 - GroupA - 1000000
    Role1 - 2 - GroupB - 900000
    Role1 - 3 - GroupC - 800000
    Role1 - 30 - GroupZz - 0
    Role2 - 1 - GroupA - 1000000
    Role2 - 2 - GroupC - 900000
    Role2 - 3 - GroupB - 800000
    Role2 - 30 - GroupZz - 0

• @deantari 

Give this a shot...Concatenate the codes of the lists using a line item and use that as the 4th parameter.

Rob