Multi select with selective access enabled list

Hi, 

I have my product list enabled with selective access for users to have write access to specific product and read access to all products. 

We have a reporting dashboard with multi select option for product and p&l data will be displayed accordingly. Now based on selective access, for the ones they have read access they are not able to check the box to display report. Please let me know if there is any option. 

Tagged:

Answers

• @NishaS 

Selective Access is one of the most amazing security features in Anaplan. Great question.

You've almost got it.

Assuming this is a structured hierarchy though.

Just make sure your read only is at the top level of the hierarchy.

1 Set Selective Access at the lowest level needed. The aggregate levels will automatically check as well.

SelectiveAccess001.png

Set selective access at the user level. Note that I have set my P1 to "read only". This gives me access to the entire tree. But I can only write to the XL sizes.

SelectiveAccess002.png

And as you can see I am able to read all sales but can only write to the XL products.

SelectiveAccess003.png

• @NishaS ,

The reason they can't select those members is because they don't have access to "write" to them.  The only way around this would be to create a "fake" or alternate hierarchy for reporting which does not have selective access turned on.  The goods news, it would work, the bad news is the duplication of a) the hierarchy and b) the maintenance it keep them in sync.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• Thanks for the suggestions. 

I wanted to know if there were any other options apart from creating new hierarchy with out selective access or giving access one level up and managing the read with DCA. Our system is pretty big , maintenance is a concern. 

• Hi @NishaS ,

Please find a link to a community post which tells about how to use user list with DCA for better security. 

Please have a look at it and let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Yash