Multiple Models in NUX Management Reporting?

Options

Hi, 

I was really excited about the prospect of having a report that could have multiple Anaplan source models.

We have separate models for daily detailed customer/product sales information, monthly financial reports such as the P&L, and HR for headcount information. I want to create a single report in the NUX for a Branch Manager so they can see all this information together.

But it seems that only one model, selected in the dropdown, pulls data into the slides at any one time? The slides linked to models not selected, display the "You do not have access to this card" error until you change the dropdown. This data then appears, and the previously populated tables change to "You do not have access to this card" .

Am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer

• Sheethal
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Alternatively, for now, you can built a new reporting model which pulls necessary data from individual daily / monthly / P&L / HR models & use the reporting model to build your Pages/Slides.

Answers

• @L0068407 

You cannot have one page hit multiple models, but an App can.  So, you can construct multiple pages for these reports and the user can navigate to the proper page.

• Hello @L0068407 ,

As @rob_marshall said, you can't have a page (board or Worksheet) access 2 models at the same time. However, I think your situation is related to a "Report" page type, where you have 2 slides each accesses a different module, Correct?

• @L0068407 

Every slide of the Report Page is technically the same Page. As of now Models can be changed at the Page level and not at the slide level.

However I would still recommend to log an idea on idea exchange forum. I encountered a similar use case from one of my colleague as well.

Misbah

• @Misbah @einas.ibrahim @rob_marshall 

Thank you all,

Yes, I was referring to each slide within a report pulling from a different model. I found a toggle in the page settings to "Enable multiple source models" so I thought this meant I could pull data from multiple models. I see this isn't the case. 

I will post in the ideas forum as you suggest.

• @L0068407 

Please log this in the idea section - if it's not there already - and put the link back here so we can support it.

I believe in the Spirit of Connected Planning I'd assume if I want to create a quarterly report for example, not a dashboard, then I should be able to include data from different departments.

• Thank you.

Yes, I'm going to use a model to model import to bring data together in one place.