Need to fetch values from a line item based on another line item value in the same module

Hi

Need help to get this requirement done.Please see the screenshot attached.I need to show the items which have blank value in the Config line item, in another module.(ex.HDD0037,HDD0037) 

Can you suggest the formula that I need to use in the target module?

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

Tagged:

Answers

• What are the dimensions in the Target Module? It'd help if you share a screenshot of Target Module and Line Item also

• Hi @praba71,

what exactly are you trying to achieve? do you only need to show the lines which are empty? you can filter your 'config' line item to show the lines which are empty. You can save the view, publish on the dashboard.

• Hi  @filip.sypniewski  @Nagaraju 

Thanks for the response.

I have three modules - Module A, Module B,Module C. All of them have items and config mapped as shown in the screen shot. Some of the items in these modules may not have mapping and I want to capture those items and show them in a dashboard (sort of Exceptions Dashboard) so that Business users can add the missing mapping. The target dashboard will have Items, Item Descriptions, Source Module Name (ex. Module A ). 

Can you suggest the setups to meet this requirement?

Thanks in advance

Prabakaran

• Hi @praba71 

You may publish the module in the Dashboard directly, and apply filter to just show the blanks.

To apply a filter, click on the left arrow, go to Data -> Filter -> select Line Item should be blank.

Nagaraju_0-1594890721813.png

• Thanks @Nagaraju , as I mentioned, I want to show the exception items from three modules  in one separate dashboard.

I am looking for any suggestions to achieve that objective.

Regards

Prabakaran

• @praba71 

By Exceptions, you mean the BLANK items in "Config" Line Item right?

You can publish all the 3 modules in a single separate Dashboard. You have to apply filters on all the 3 modules in the Dashboard so that only BLANK items appear on the screen for the Customer. Finally save the changes you have done.

Hope it helps!

• Hi @Nagaraju  The three modules will be published into three separate dashboards as per the requirement. My idea was to set up a module (Exception. module) to capture the records having blank Config in all the three modules and then publish the Exception module to a dashboard. Any suggestion on how to do this?

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran 

• @praba71 

I see no point in creating an extra module for the task at hand. Even though you create a different module, you have to publish it 3 times and apply relevant filters for each Line Item at hand.

Instead, just publish the existing modules and show only the necessary items. At least, that is how I understood the requirement. If there is something else, please explain in detail.

Thanks

• Hi @Nagaraju 

Please find attached the columns that I am planning to have in the Exception dashboard. The items in this dashboard are the ones having blank  value for Config in either of the 3 source modules. The third column is the name of the source module. 

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

• @praba71 

the 3 modules have different dimensions? 

Anyway, you can simply publish 3 grids on exception dashboard with filter showing only the blanks. No need to create additional modules.

• Thanks @filip.sypniewski for the suggestion..

The three modules may have some item values for the blanks. So, instead of showing the same values in the three grids in exception dashboard,I want to show the unique values in the dashboard. Any suggestion for this?

Regards

Prabakaran

• @praba71 

After finding blank entries in all 3 modules using isblank(config item), you can create a separate list of the items via action and then combine 3 actions(for 3 modules) in a process. In case any same items are there , they will be ignored. 

• Hi @praba71

Here is the wrinkle in your plan. There is no formula - or a way - to "return" the name of a module. 
    So you can't combine the exception from 3 modules into a single exception module and display the source module (as a line item) where the exception occurred.

My broader question is .... why do you have 3 modules that are doing the same thing with the same dimensions?  If there is an attribute that is distinguishing these modules (A, B, and C) -say department for example - then you can add a List Formatted Line item (department) in the combined module if you wish to separate them later (using saved view and filter) to show on separate dashboards.

When you have everything in one module you could add an exception module dimensioned by the same lists as the combined module. This will also help you to return a dynamic error message based on the dimensions where the error occurred. 

Add a line item Exception (Text) 

Use a formula such as IF ISBLANK(ItemLF) THEN "Error: Item LF for "& Item(insert dimension list name here)"&" and department " & ITEM(Department) & " can not be blank"

I'll come back and add a screenshot for clarification in this post, but I wanted you to consider the suggestion first.