Need to use lookup or similar, dependent on two different flat lists

Hi, 

I am quite new to the Anaplan Community. I have searched quite a bit, but, have not found an answer to the question I have, so I'll ask it and see if someone might be able to help me. 

I am currently building a module where an employee should be able to see his/hers ramp % for both current and previous roles. The ramp % is tied to the role itself so in order to get the right ramp % I need to lookup the role with regards to the employee. My module contains the flat list with employees while the module with information about the positions uses the position flat list. Is there some way around this problem? 

Thank you. 

Best Answer

• Hi @CommunityMember117741 

I'm still unsure about some of your requirements, but based on my understanding of position and ramp profile, and how it can affect Ramp %, i have created something below. Do see if you can modify accordingly to achieve what you need.

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.07.40.png             Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.07.02.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.07.23.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.07.50.png

Thanks,

LipChean

Answers

• Hi,

You can try the following:

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 20.34.35.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-20 at 20.34.43.png

Thanks,

LipChean

• Hi,

Thank you!

I might have been a little bit unclear. The Ramp % is in a separate module to accommodate the client's need for updating the Ramp % in regards to quarters and months. See the formula below. It is from a module for new hires where the Ramp % is determined by each individual's start date. This module I am building now will need the same logic but now it should also take into account if a person is changing the role. Meaning each person should see their current, as well as, their previous role. And when they change roles it is as if the started as a new hire again. I have a line item called position and it should show the employee position, in regards to which employee I have chosen in the pages in my module. But both employees and positions are flat lists. 

IF ITEM(Time) < PERIOD(Employee Start Date) THEN 0 ELSE IF YEAR(Employee Start Date) = YEAR(ITEM(Time)) THEN Attainment Assumptions.Ramp %[LOOKUP: Quarters list match, LOOKUP: Start Date Month] ELSE 1

• Hi,

It would help if you can provide Excel screen shots of what you like to achieve.

Thanks,

LipChean

• Hi, 

See the picture below. In this case the end-user Scott, he is a distribution manager (in this example only), he has 100% ramp for this position. Let's say that from Sept 19, however, he will change roles to Sales Associate, which will give him a new start date (this formula is not in place yet, will be pretty similar to the formula for the position) and thus a new ramp % target should be calculated for him. What needs to be done in this module is to lookup (in another module) which positions an employee has currently. If it is a new position than before it will be a new role start date associated with the new role in that module. What I need help with is to apply some logic for the line item "position" in this module, similar to something like. Position = position module.employee position[lookup: employee name], in this example Scott. Here lies the problem, both employees and positions are flat lists so lookup does not work. 

Thank you. 

CommunityMember117741_0-1576875105718.png

• Hi,
    Thank you for your help. I will try this out.

Kind regards,

Gabriel