New UX - Sequence of Items in Page Selector

When a composite list is used as a page selector the entries are sequenced by their order in the list. We want to display only the detailed entries in alphabetical order. Is that possible in the new UX?

For example, our business units are grouped by type. The Business Unit list has a parent, Business Unit Type. However, in the page selector we want to see the list of business units only and in alphabetical order.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@rob_marshall 

That's exactly what I am saying is - Parents don't get sorted/Ordered

Misbah_0-1629466603860.png

Expected result based on @AllMartin query: 

1. Computers
    2. Laptops (Parent A)
    3. Laptops (Parent B)
    4. Smartphones (Parent A)
    5. Smartphones (Parent B)
    6. TVs
    7. Xmas Trees
    8. Zebras

Which I was trying to convey to him - that this arrangement will not be possible.

Hope that makes sense

Misbah

Answers

• @AllMartin 

I believe the Order action is what you might be looking for.  

2021-08-17_12-45-53.png

• @AllMartin 

"Order List" Action is indeed the Action that will help you put the List in an alphabetical order. However this will order the list items within the Parent i.e., Business Type since you have Business Type as the parent.

Bottomline: For Composite lists it is always going to respect Parent Child relationship and you will not be able to see BUs only in alphabetical order. Even if you try to hide summary levels from New UX it is still going to respect the P-C relationship.

Hope that helps

Misbah

• @Misbah 

I think you are mistaken about the ordering of the entire list as that is not what the below shows.  Take a look.

Composite list as is:

2021-08-18_07-27-08.png

Sort the data using the Sort function:

2021-08-18_07-27-27.png

Running the Order list action returns this:

2021-08-18_07-29-18.png

Notice the "parents" are not sorted because they were blank as well being part of Products P1.

Rob

• @rob_marshall 

What I was trying to say is that we can not sort/order the list items by ignoring Parents of the list. For example this is expected result

Misbah_0-1629456085237.png

But we will not get the result in that order because there are parents linked to their children. See below

Misbah_1-1629456248577.png

I think we are saying the same thing - but the query that @AllMartin raised was that he wanted to see only BUs (ignoring parents) in an alphabetical order which I don't think can be done in Anaplan regardless what option is taken (Sort or Order List)

Misbah

• @Misbah 

Take a closer look at my picture, my parents did not get sorted.  Let me know if I am misunderstanding what you are saying.

• @Misbah 

HA!  We are going in circles here.  Too funny.

Take a look at my last sentence of my first post:

2021-08-20_08-41-15.png

I think you may have left the word "not" out of your post which confused me:

2021-08-20_08-44-14.png

I believe that should be "However this will not order..."

• @rob_marshall haha! 

I think @AllMartin got what he wanted to know