New UX : Year selector to sync the Monthly view

Hi,

How can we publish Year only as the page selector in new UX to synchronize the monthly view?

Thanks,

Tom

Answers

• Hi @tompatrick.ting ,

You can use the 'Show / Hide' , in the context selector to open a menu of options. And then, you can choose to switch off 'Time (Details)'.

Below are the screenshots which might help you!

vinayvm_2-1607410089376.png

vinayvm_4-1607410246194.png

• @Vinay VaradarajM, thanks for replying. I don't have that option in our time dimension. Please advise what I am missing. 

CommunityMember94835_0-1607417378799.png

• @tompatrick.ting 

Go back One more step until you reach the module views (custom module View in NUX). There you can show/hide your levels. However keep one thing in mind that once you use "Show/Hide" option hierarchy sync doesn't work.

• Thanks @Misbah ,

Its really not showing on my page. Instead, i decided to create a module for year selector and applied the filter to show the monthly phasing.

• Hi @tompatrick.ting ,

The reason you do not see 'Show / Hide' is, if you do not have Time dimension in your Page/Context selectors in the Pivot.

- In such cases, you can adjust your pivot to have Time dimension in context selector, which will enable the 'Show / Hide'

- Then, you can choose to disable the Time(Details) to only show years

- And then, again return back to your required pivot (where you wanted Time to be showing as Columns possibly), and publish it

This should help!

• @tompatrick.ting 

If you would like to show months in the table and allow the user to filter the view by selecting only a year then you need to create a module filter using a time property module.

The hierarchy filters which you have enabled can not be filtered to only show the parent as @Misbah has suggested.

Create a flat filter selector module with a time period formatted line item. Change this to years and publish to the relevant page using a field card. 

In a time properties module set to months create a line item called FY and format this as year time period. Use the following formula to set this as the financial year for the respective month.

=parent(item(time))

Create a new line item called year filter. Format this as boolean. Use the following formula to check all those months whose FY matches the filter selector module.

=Time Properties Month.FY = Year Filter Selector.FY

Use this filter line to filter your table in the UX.