Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

New UX model connections

In the new UX is there capability to present data from multiple models from the same workspace in one board?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: New UX model connections

We can present data from multiple models from the same/different workspace in one App, App can have multiple pages and each page can be connected to 1 model only.

Check this link, Anaplan New User Experience in Learning Dashboard.

https://learning.anaplan.com/course/view.php?id=949

~Vignesh M

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@kleadbeater1 

Just to clarify, a App can have multiple pages containing data from different models (from any workspace), but currently a page can only contain data from a single model.  

The page parameters for Workspace and Model are set once.

Any page elements (cards, charts, grids etc.) must come from that model

David

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the important nuance. Its not the same screen, but co-locating data from separate models in side-by-side pages is a step up.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @DavidSmith 

On that note, wanted to quickly check with you if the source model can be changed to an existing App?

For eg. I have two models - 'Sales Incentive Planning' app (V1 and V2) in the classic UX. There is another App 'SIP Duplicate' in the new UX with links to V1 module views.

I want to make a copy of 'SIP Duplicate' and then change the source model from 'V1' to 'V2'.

Wanted your views on this please. If yes, then how can this be done?

Highlighted
New Contributor

@DavidSmith

I figured out the process. It has been well described in the Anaplan's New User Experience training module.