New UX textbox formats

Options

Hi Community,

wanted to ask if anyone knows if the text card on the new UX has any format restrictions.

When copying and pasting a few lines of text with bullet points, i realised that the text initially appears on the text card, but when i navigate away from it and return to the text card, it was not saved

Answers

• @brian.tan 

Page needs to be saved before you move away, otherwise you will lose all the changes. There is a Save Button on top right corner of the page.

Misbah_0-1597394754667.png

Misbah

• Sorry my bad, it's not a text card, but a field card linking to a text formatted line item.

• No, In that case it will save automatically. Can you check if there is any dimension attached to it and you are looking at the right intersection.

Snapshot will be helpful

Misbah

• Seems like when there are special characters such as bullet points/indentations it doesn't save.

Copied this from microsoft word:

word.png

Pasted into the text box:

textbox.png

 Appears to save when i click outside of the textbox.

However after changing the dimension to Sep 20 and reverting back to Oct 20, the text is no longer there.

textbox2.png

Brian

• @brian.tan 

The same thing happensa to me. The text-formatted line item does not support formatting options (bullet points, bold, etc.)

You can support the request here:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-input-text-commentary-with-text-formatting-options/idi-p/58599