New UX textbox formats

Highlighted
New Contributor

New UX textbox formats

Hi Community,

wanted to ask if anyone knows if the text card on the new UX has any format restrictions.

When copying and pasting a few lines of text with bullet points, i realised that the text initially appears on the text card, but when i navigate away from it and return to the text card, it was not saved

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: New UX textbox formats

@brian.tan 

Page needs to be saved before you move away, otherwise you will lose all the changes. There is a Save Button on top right corner of the page.

Misbah_0-1597394754667.png

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

Sorry my bad, it's not a text card, but a field card linking to a text formatted line item.

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

No, In that case it will save automatically. Can you check if there is any dimension attached to it and you are looking at the right intersection.

Snapshot will be helpful

Misbah

Highlighted
New Contributor

Seems like when there are special characters such as bullet points/indentations it doesn't save.

Copied this from microsoft word:

word.png

Pasted into the text box:

textbox.png

 Appears to save when i click outside of the textbox.

However after changing the dimension to Sep 20 and reverting back to Oct 20, the text is no longer there.

textbox2.png

Brian

Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

@brian.tan 

The same thing happensa to me. The text-formatted line item does not support formatting options (bullet points, bold, etc.)

You can support the request here:

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-input-text-commentary-with-text-formatting...