Numbered list

Gad
Occasional Contributor

Numbered list

Hi, I want to know if user input the name that was entered before, what would be as a result?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

A numbered list permits duplicates as Anaplan creates a unique index which identifies each item as unique.

Create a property module for the numbered list and use a property formula to link this to a display name property in the list. 

Alternatively, create a form where the user can update the display name property directly as the new list item is being created. 

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Gad Could you explain the use case? Do you mean via Create action in NUX?
Regards, Kirill Kuznetsov
Advanced, LLC
Gad
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I mean action in NUX.

luke_e
Contributor

I think I understand the question..

Assuming a numbered list and that you're just entering a display name, it'll create another record with the same name. However, you'll see both records with a number in brackets as a suffix, representing the unique numbered list ID behind each of those records.

If you're entering codes as well and you re-enter the same code, it'll trigger a model roll back.

ChrisAHeathcote
Community Boss

A numbered list permits duplicates as Anaplan creates a unique index which identifies each item as unique.

Create a property module for the numbered list and use a property formula to link this to a display name property in the list. 

Alternatively, create a form where the user can update the display name property directly as the new list item is being created. 

Chris
HeathcoteAndHerran.com