Numbered list

Gad
Occasional Contributor

Numbered list

Hi, I want to know if user input the name that was entered before, what would be as a result?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

Re: Numbered list

A numbered list permits duplicates as Anaplan creates a unique index which identifies each item as unique.

Create a property module for the numbered list and use a property formula to link this to a display name property in the list. 

Alternatively, create a form where the user can update the display name property directly as the new list item is being created. 

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KirillKuznetsov
Certified Master Anaplanner

@Gad Could you explain the use case? Do you mean via Create action in NUX?
Gad
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I mean action in NUX.

luke_e
Certified Master Anaplanner

I think I understand the question..

Assuming a numbered list and that you're just entering a display name, it'll create another record with the same name. However, you'll see both records with a number in brackets as a suffix, representing the unique numbered list ID behind each of those records.

If you're entering codes as well and you re-enter the same code, it'll trigger a model roll back.

ChrisHeathcote
Community Boss

A numbered list permits duplicates as Anaplan creates a unique index which identifies each item as unique.

Create a property module for the numbered list and use a property formula to link this to a display name property in the list. 

Alternatively, create a form where the user can update the display name property directly as the new list item is being created. 

Chris Heathcote
Bedford Consulting

Gold Partner and Regional Partner of the Year 2021, EMEA

View solution in original post