Paste to a line item with a numbered list as the format

I have a line item with a numbered list as the format.  I receive an error (Unknown List Member member) when I paste in a Value I know is in the list.  This also happens when trying to import even though the member is in the list and was just exported. How can a numbered list be set up so Values can be Pasted or Imported to a line item that has the numbered list as the format.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi Jerry,

In order to paste or import into a line item that is numbered list formatted, you'll want to use the #XXXXX (e.g. #23456) code that is inherently generated when you create an item in a numbered list.  if you want to get this key in a text format, you can use the name(item("Numbered List")) formula. Also, you should be able to import into a line item that is numbered list formatted with this key, I was able to test this on a small scale but I was able to paste and import.  Here's an example of the format, lets assume "Company" is my numbered list:

Employee      Company
    Ryan              #2986
    Jane              #2765
    Ron                #2658
    Jill                  #2771
    Steve             #2986

Then the Company line item will populate with the Display Name for that numbered list, hope this helps out.  Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
    Ryan