Pick Item name against item code

How to pick List Item against the List Code? have a situation..... explained below

1. I have a list which looks like the below

CommunityMember126793_1-1651748607342.png

2. Using this dimension, there is a mapping module also.

3. Now, there is a set of Transactional data which consists of codes e.g. <list explained in point# 1> - <another list> etc. as shown below  

CommunityMember126793_2-1651748691577.png

4. Now, I am looking a way where against the codes (E1, E2, E3) I can populate ABC, EFG & HIJ against ENTITE line item which is List property..

Please suggest the optimal way of achieving the same.....

Best Answer

• ankit_cheeni
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

There might be some misunderstanding. IF your line item 'Find Item' is a text line item, it can be used in the FINDITEM function to find items in your list. Maybe give it a try once and check

Answers

• Hi,

Did you try FINDITEM? It would take your first list name as parameter 1 and then the text against which you want to find as parameter 2. So if you list is named 'Terr' the formula would be FINDITEM('Terr', Find Item), Find item being the line item in your ss

Thanks
  • Hi @CommunityMember126793 

You can use lookup for that, List.property[lookup: list].

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• @ManjunathKN @ankit_cheeni  FINDITEM will look for ITEM by using ITEM but I need to search ITEM by using CODE.

LOOKUP accepts dimension (i.e. ITEM rather CODE) to look for a value.. So, both can't be used.. Correct me if am missing anything here

• @ankit_cheeni  I might missing the essence a bit.... FINDITEM is the one which can solve the ask.. but just to mention FINDITEM should have List Type datatype rather TEXT

Thanks!

• @CommunityMember126793 

you brought up a list property using FINDITEM?

• @CommunityMember126793 

ABC, EFG is a list not a list property. 

1st point it is mentioned as list but your 4th point you mentioned ABC, EFG as list property.

List item can be brought by Finditem
    List property can be brought by Lookup.

Thanks,
    Manjunath