Pie Chart to Dashboard

Hi All,

So i was trying something and i need help in that.

In Anaplan, we create Landing Dashboard there we usually have a sequence in which the dashboards will be used by user. (Basically a process or steps kind of thing)

Now on my landing dashboard i have 5 dashboards named

DB1 - Step 1

DB2 - Step 2

DB3 - Step 3

DB4 - Step 4

DB5 - Step 5

Now say i am the user i have completed my tasks on DB1 & DB2, i will come on Landing dashboard, just check the box in front of DB1 completed & similarly will check the box for DB2. 

So i want to show a pie chart to the user on landing page, which is showing 2 out  of 5 steps completed.

I tried to build this...but could not complete, can anyone help me with the same.

Thanks in Advance..!

Best Answer

• a.dilieto
    Answer ✓

Have you tried applying a Show on each single Step item and the "Completed?" line item and publishing these views to the landing dashboard?

Alternatively, you could get rid of the Step List and create 5 boolean line items in a module by Users: "Step 1: Completed?", "Step 2: Completed?", "Step 3: Completed?", "Step 4: Completed?", "Step 5: Completed?", to be published separately in the dashboard and 2 numeric line items to be used to create the pie chart:

"Steps Completed": (IF 'Step 1: Completed?' THEN 1 ELSE 0) + (IF 'Step 2: Completed?' THEN 1 ELSE 0) + (IF 'Step 3: Completed?' THEN 1 ELSE 0) + (IF 'Step 4: Completed?' THEN 1 ELSE 0) + (IF 'Step 5: Completed?' THEN 1 ELSE 0)

"Steps Not Completed": (IF 'Step 1: Completed?' THEN 0 ELSE 1) + (IF 'Step 2: Completed?' THEN 0 ELSE 1) + (IF 'Step 3: Completed?' THEN 0 ELSE 1) + (IF 'Step 4: Completed?' THEN 0 ELSE 1) + (IF 'Step 5: Completed?' THEN 0 ELSE 1)

Answers

• Hi,

I think you can achieve in this way:

- create a list "Step" with the elements "Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Step 4, Step 5" and the Top Level Item "Total Steps"

- Create a module by Step list, Users list

- Create a boolean line item "Completed?" where the user checks the completion of each step

- Create a numeric line item "Completed Steps" with the summary option active (Sum) with the formula "IF Completed? THEN 1 ELSE 0"

- Create a numeric line item "Not Completed Steps" with the summary option active (Sum) with the formula "IF Completed? THEN 0 ELSE 1"

- Pivot line items in Rows (Show only the two numeric line items), Step list in Columns (Show only the Top Level Item "Total Steps", Users in page and create the Pie Chart.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Antonio Di Lieto

• @a.dilieto thanks for your reply.

I did the same way. But i need that completed? checkbox in front of every dashboard on the landing page so that after the user has completed work on respective dashboard he can just check it.

But that's not happening if i do it this way.

Regards,
    Ankur Sonthalia.