Pie chart Drill to Children

Hello,

Is there a way to have a dashboard page selection drive the content of a Pie Chart?   If in the page selection, "Americas" is selected, have it's immediate children (i.e. USA / Canada) show up in the Pie?

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

Yes!  I'm not a master at charts, but here's how I did it:

1. Assuming a Composite List with Regions as the Parent, and Countries as the child
    2. In the module you want to create the chart in, hide the parent items (e.g. Americas) using a filter.  We have to use a filter, because, in order to synchronize, we cannot have hidden rows, or have used the Select Levels To Show, etc.  
      1. For my example, I created a line item in my chart module and put a 1 in the formula, and set the Summary to None.  Then I applied a filter where this line item = 1...and only the lowest level items show.
    3. Publish the Parent list to the dashboard as a selector
    4. Publish your pie chart to the dashboard, and synchronize your countries.

See attached examples.

Cheers!

• Hi,

Yes!  I'm not a master at charts, but here's how I did it:

1. Assuming a Composite List with Regions as the Parent, and Countries as the child
    2. In the module you want to create the chart in, hide the parent items (e.g. Americas) using a filter.  We have to use a filter, because, in order to synchronize, we cannot have hidden rows, or have used the Select Levels To Show, etc.  
      1. For my example, I created a line item in my chart module and put a 1 in the formula, and set the Summary to None.  Then I applied a filter where this line item = 1...and only the lowest level items show.
    3. Publish the Parent list to the dashboard as a selector
    4. Publish your pie chart to the dashboard, and synchronize your countries.

See attached examples.

Cheers!