Re: Planual Explained

@rm1206 

Thank you for your kind words. Let’s see if labelling is possible

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@Misbah 

Thanks for the shout out!!

Planual V2 was something I was planning to release this year, including more explanations of the "why" and also get our community team to revamp the on line version.

I have started this, but my recent job move meant I had to pause it.

I would be more than happy to work with you, Rob M, Jared etc. to get this updated

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Community Boss

@DavidSmith 

I am in

Highlighted

@Misbah I'll message you directly, thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

@Misbah, @Jared Dolich - I was talking to another Anaplan newbie like me ( @antonlagergren ) and he had what I think is an interesting idea...developing some "cheat sheets" that would explain the process of say creating a module from a best practice perspective but do so with some visuals.  And make it oriented towards a newer Anaplanners...

I am probably not explaining the concept well, but even so, would this be something you would be interested in exploring?  Not sure if it fits into Planual or not...

Thanks

Highlighted

@davidmccarty sign me up!

Jared Dolich
Highlighted

@davidmccarty ,

We are starting to work on Planual v2 next week, so hopefully we can get this out soon.

Rob

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Thanks for the introduction, David! Yes, I had the idea of making some cheat sheets. I've been trying to think of what topics might be most beneficial, anybody have any suggestions? I was thinking possibly a "How to compose a formula", or "How to build a module", step by step. I am definitely open to any suggestions from community members of cheat sheets they think would be beneficial. I think the best topics will be those that take a significant enough amount of steps that having a handy list of "order of operations", might be beneficial.

As for contributing to Planual V2 (or even for use on the cheat sheets) ---  I enjoy making instructional design graphics/step by step type designs and have done it for many previous projects. I am including some examples from a Digital Logic Design class I had a few years back. All graphics are created by me just using Paint program. Conveniently, Digital Logic Design deals with module connectivity in an almost identical fashion to how Anaplan models are constructed, from a conceptual standpoint (inputs, outputs, formulas, steps, rule exceptions, best practices, etc). 

Please take a look at my documents and let me know if any of this sounds to be of use! 🙂 Feel free to reach out, I am happy to offer my time.

Anton Lagergren

antonlagergren@gmail.com

240 706 1645

https://www.linkedin.com/in/antonlagergren/