Previous on Custom Date

Hi Team, 

Assuming the Model's requirement is a monthly time dimension. However, the Cashflow Forecast requires input for every 7 days, or weekly set up. Is there a way for the previous date ending cash to be roll forwarded to the next date's beginning balance like this illustration below since I cannot use my previous, lag or movingsum on this?

elainenovel_0-1639404992621.png

Appreciate your answers.

Thanks, 

Elaine

Best Answer

• @elaine.novel 

If the model granularity is set to monthly, you can still change the granularity at the module level to Day.  In doing this, you will be able to use previous/next as well as the other native time functions you mentioned.

Rob

Answers

• Hi Rob, 

They are using weekly Rob. every sunday of the week. if I use daily, it will consume much space i suppose. Is there any workaround for this? Thanks again, Elaine

• @elaine.novel 

I would do this or see if this works for you.  Do the calculations at the daily level using Native Time and if the cells get too big, use Time Ranges.  This way, you can use the next(), previous(), movingsum(), as well as the other time functions, and then use a custom Time list for the Sundays to do the reporting.  To do this, just set up a mapping module from native time to your custom time list.

Remember, sparsity is not always a bad thing and can actually perform better (this in regards to not being able to use native time at the day level).

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Blog/The-Truth-About-Sparsity-Part-1/ba-p/44493

Rob

• Hi Rob,

I appreciate your help. Just a concern though for the daily native Time, I am not sure if this is possible since this is just 1 report that requres weekly, the rest uses monthly time dimension.
  • @elaine.novel 

It is just for that one module using the day level, not the entire model.

I am confused, i thought you were wanting day level reporting, not weekly.

Rob

• Sorry Rob for the confusion. You are correct. Should be okay on a daily time dimensioned module. 

Thanks, 

Elaine

• This one worked Rob.

Big thanks! 🙂