Publish Line Item as Page Selector to Dashboard

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Publish Line Item as Page Selector to Dashboard

Hi team,

Are you able to publish a Line Item from a module to a Dashboard as a Page selector that will act in the same manner as the dimensions published? e.g. the line item will change with the line item selected?

Each time I attempt to 'Publish the Selected Line Items to Dashboard' the value of the line item is published, not a drop down selector

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ashish.banka
Super Contributor

Re: Publish Line Item as Page Selector to Dashboard

@MarkTurkenburg Could you please check the format of the line item which you are publishing to the dashboard? It has to be a list line item so that the drop-down appears when published to dashboard.

Hope this helps.

AB

AWhitworth
Certified Master Anaplanner

Yes you can do this, instead of publishing selected line items use the option publish page selectors to dashboard with the line items pivoted to the pages 

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @AWhitworth ,

Thanks but this does not work. It was the methodology I used initially but it will only publish the Dimensions excluding Line Items to the dashboard (even when the Line Items are pivoted to Page Selector on the module)

Also I never realised that it publishes all dimensions to the Dashboard regardless of whether they are a Page Selector in the dashboard or not

Mark

abhay.kanik
Regular Contributor

@MarkTurkenburg 

As I can understand you want to filter the line items on be basis of the item selected in the selector. You have to crate a custom filter to achieve that.

If that is the case you can do it with the steps below - 

1. Create a line item subset(LISS) of the line items .
  2. Create a system module dimensioned by user list and add a line item 'Selector'  which will be formatted by the Line item subset you created.
  3. Create a filter module which will be dimensioned by the LISS ad User list, Create a boolean line item and put formula Selector = item(LISS)
  4. Use the boolean to filter the line items in module ,save and publish the view
  5. Publish the selector line item on dashboard and it will act as a filter.

This will also help you in NUX

Thanks

Abhay

MarkTurkenburg
Contributor

Hi @abhay.kanik  ,

Thanks very much for the detailed response but I feel this is a prime example of why Anaplan can sometimes make what should be simple very difficult. Effectively all I am wanting to do is replicate the Page drop-down selector functionality from the module to the Dashboard but using the 'Page Selectors' as the UE is better than just the native selector attached to the module

I think I will just use the native functionality but thanks very much for your help

Mark