Pull the data from child list to parent list

Hello Community, 

I have the next list named BOM Lvl 1 List, with a Total Price Column,

Luis98_1-1626804996990.png

But, I need that if Semi-finish are TRUE, go to the list named BOM Lvl 2 List, and pull the price, adding up the price of the children:

Luis98_2-1626805215712.png

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Hi @Luis98 ,

In a list properties, you don't have a summary option. Here to get a total of BOM L2 price, you have to use sum function in the formula that's why I have created a module for calculation which is more efficient but I will still show you how to get a total price of BOM L2 in BOM L1 list.

I have created a SYStem module for parent information of BOM L2 but if you have parent information in your list properties you can refer in your formula as well.

Screenshot_174.png

Screenshot_172.pngScreenshot_173.png

Screenshot_175.png

Above is not my recommendation to use the list properties 🙂

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

Answers

• @Luis98 

SUM should do the trick. Since you already have the Parent as a line item in the source module you can use that.

TOTAL PRICE = TOTAL PRICE[SUM: 'BOM LVL 2 LIST'.PARENT]

• Thanks for the response @JaredDolich,

Luis98_0-1626811013026.png

How can i make the parent as a line item in the BOM Lvl 2 List??

• Hi @Luis98 ,

If you are trying to pull the price from BOM L2 for semi-furnished then just you have to refer the price in L2, it will automatically sum up the price.

Screenshot_165.png

Screenshot_166.png

Note: As per best practices, you should not use list properties. Please create System, Data & Calculation modules for better performance.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar

• Hi @Akhtar.shahbaz, thanks for the reply,

You have reason, but now i have an issue, and it is that the father does not have the SUM of the total price, how can i put the total price as in your model?

Luis98_0-1626881146519.png

Thanks,

Luis

• Hello @Akhtar.shahbaz ,

Wowwww you are a genuis, thank you for the answer, 

I wil follow your recommendation,

Regards, 

Luis