Question on Time setting Module

Hi,

Trying to create a Line Item "Week # of the Month" that will give me from 1-4 the week number of each month when referencing my "Reference Date"

ex) with Reference Date  "2 Jan 19" the outcome will be Week 1 or in formula &"Week"&....

any help on this will do. 

Thank you 

Best Answer

• I have done this with several staging lines. See if this achieves what you are asking for. 

jasonblinn_0-1603775051549.png

Week Start: Date Formatted, Week Time Scale, What it does: Shows the first date of the period, Formula: Start(),

Month Start:Date Formatted, Month Time Scale, What it does: Shows the first date of the period. Formula: Start()

Month: Time Period Month Formatted, Week Time Scale, What it does: Shoes what month a week is part of, Formula: Parent(Item(TIME))

Reset: Bool Formatted, Week Time Scale, What it does: Checks the first week in each month, Formula: Week Start = Month Start[Lookup: Month]

Week Number: Number Formatted, Week Time Scale, What it Does: Counts the number of weeks and resets each month, Formula: CUMULATE(1, Reset)

Anaplan_-_Weeks.jpg

You would obviously want to set this up in a SYS module for Time, not use a subsidiary view for Month as well. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this method.

Jason

Answers

• Hi Jason,

Thank you this was very helpful, but it is not working for the week day number in my Model (The Cumulate Function). Please advice. 

Also I started Referencing my Line Items "Day of the Week Number" and "Month Number" to the "Start Day" Line Item. So those line items will be based off of "Start Day", but I would like as a second option to put a Boolean Line Item in that if you check that Boolean Line Item then you can choose a "Reference Date" for the Line Items "Day of the Week Number" and "Month Number" to be based on, how would I do this? If that does not make sense let me know. Screen Shots Attached. 

Thank you 

Thank you 

• My apologies I added a screen show with a saved view of only Weeks so you can see what I'm talking about. 

I want my Line Item "week number" to go from 1,2,3,4....1,2,3,4...ect, and not give me the week of the year. But it is not doing that with the Cumulate Function. Please advice.

Thank you