Referencing the Last Month of the Model Time Period For Comparison

In my model, I have the Current Fiscal Year set as "FY20:  1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020." As we move into future years this will be updated. I need to write a formula that pulls the last date of the current fiscal year; for this year it would be 12/31/2020 and when we update the Current Fiscal Year in 2021 it will be 12/31/2021. The goal is to compare the last date (12/31/2020) or last period (Dec 20) to a line item value in a different module that does not have a time dimension.

I have a system time module set up (pictures attached) wherein I should be able to identify the last period, in this case, Dec 20. I do this by comparing the period month number to 12; if it equals 12 I know it is the last month in the year and the last period. Is there a better way to do this without hardcoding 12?

Once I have identified the last period in the system time module, I need to be able to compare/use this value to values in other modules that do not have a time dimension. How can I do that?

I can provide more details if necessary. Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

Hi @RobinSilk ,

If you want to bring the last month of the current year in a non-time dimensional module, try this.

You can use this Last month line item for the comparison.

001.png

~Vignesh M