Refering to data in previous item of a list

harish_bk
Super Contributor

RE: Refering to data in previous item of a list

Hi Peeyush yes once you have written an if condition the lineitem cannot be used for input purpose, Hence have one line item for input purpose, have one line item for the if condition. Have final line item to specify if this should take input value or a calculated value. For example: 1) 2% Rate, Principal is 2000, interest 40 would be calculated 2) We know that interest is 80, rate is 2% which are input now so the system should calculate principal 4000 and publish for you Line items: 1) To be calculated Member: Values would be "Int, Rt, Pri" - These are list members used for calculation purpose and format is list 2) Rate Input 3) Rate Calculated: Here link the Int Input and Princiapl Input 4) Rate Final : If to be calculated member is "Rt" then Rate Calculated else Rate Input Similarly have line items for Interest and Prinicipal too Hope this should solve your issue Cheers Harish B K
harish_bk
Super Contributor

Hi Peeush Seems I got your requirement now: 1) Create a property previous event in the event list 2) Make the property list formatted with the value events 3) Put the property value as the previous events (Source event) 4) Write a lookup formula to pull in the value in the previous event Its almost similar to what you have done, but rather than referring the same line item for lookup purpose you would be checking from the property value and then retreive the amount i guess
PrevContributor
Previous Contributor

[quote]Harish B KHi Peeush Seems I got your requirement now: 1) Create a property previous event in the event list 2) Make the property list formatted with the value events 3) Put the property value as the previous events (Source event) 4) Write a lookup formula to pull in the value in the previous event Its almost similar to what you have done, but rather than referring the same line item for lookup purpose you would be checking from the property value and then retreive the amount i guess [/quote] This won't work as the value in Line Item property will not vary with the timescale of anaplan. 😞
harish_bk
Super Contributor

Hi Peeush 1) Then the other way would be to have the event list and time into one module 2) Then line item previous event: Event List formatted 3) Then give the values of previous event by each month 4) Then write a look up on this value This is bit tedious but you can get both modules on a dashboard and simplify your work.

View solution in original post