Restricting Users to their own content

Hello Everyone, 

I searched the community for this a couple of times and came across this article that actually just confused me more (see below) and I am hoping for clairty. 

https://help.anaplan.com/56391e35-2831-4642-b6de-2dddb6c68cfa-Default-lists

I currenlty have two roles - Admin and Users.

If I wanted to restrict access so that Users can only edit their own data- would that be accomplished using DCA? 

Additionally, if I wanted to lock out an entry once made, would this also be DCA or a combination of selective access and DCA? 

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• @JR1010 

You can use selective access on the lists to restrict access to the users responsibilities.

Use DCA to lock values - write, read, or blank. DCA is driven by Booleans so a TRUE or FALSE line item will be needed in order to lock the values. As a precaution, you'll also want to add an admin function that unlocks the values if the need arises.

• Hi,

1. For controlling access to a few list items, please use selective access functionality: Please enable selective access at the list level and go to the user section and select the respective list items against the person's name. Through this, they will read and write only enabled data.

2. If you want to lock the data once it is entered, you can do that by building DCA: TRUE if they enter data. Apply this TRUE against read and Opp to TRUE (FALSE) against read. Through this you can restrict the user from entering data.

Thanks & Regards

Badam Anjani Prasad

Matasma Digital Tech

• @JR1010 First of all just understand what's the use of DCA, Selective access and Role access.

DCA --- YOU CAN RESTRICT THE ACCESS IN PARTICULAR CELL LEVEL.

SELECTIVE ACCESS--- YOU CAN RESTRICT YHE ACCESS IN LIST LEVEL

ROLE MODULE::--- YOU CAN RESTRICT THE ACCESS IN MODULE LEVEL.

So wherever as per requirements, you need to restrict in that level.

Hope you got it. If it's helpful for you Accept the answer as solution. 

Thanks,

• Selective access to restrict to limited list items like only certain regions or only certain Org Levels.

DCA to read/write restriction on individual cells.

Module used to create content can be User dimensionalized and reporting module too. This will of course cost a lot of model space.