Retrieve Users with Write Access from User List

We have built a dummy User List in system, selective access enabled, so user can set write access to those users.  

Is there anyway to directly retrieve the list of users who have write access? 

Attached pic to illustrate the purpose: User2 was given write access to User1 User3 and User2 itself,  we'd like to get a list of User1,User3. 

There are two challenges:

1. 'Write' column can't be used as a property
  2. User1, User2, User3 fill in the same field, will need to take them out separately to form the target list. 

Is there any solution to tackle the problem? Thanks in advance. 

Answers

• @SaraBTIT 

Your query is slightly different but see if this helps. You may want to drive everything from dashboards & not from List or User Section while applying selective access.

Solved: Re: Selective access for lists from dashboards. - Anaplan Community

• Thank you @Misbah , the solution demonstrated in that link is helpful. For a text formatted field "user1@abc.com,  user2@abc.com,  user3@abc.com" is there a formula existing in Anaplan to separate the 3 members? the ultimate goal is to get a list of the three independent members.

• @SaraBTIT 

You can easily separate these users by using FIND function and LEFT function but what I think you can't do is getting all of these users into a singe list. Transposing them is not an option.

• @SaraBTIT 

I have an idea which might help you to get the users with write access.

First, import the "Write" column of the Fake Users List to a module with a text formatted line item dimensioned by "Fake Users" List.

TonyViGrand_0-1616581069676.png

Next, create another module dimensioned by Inbuilt "Users" List and "Fake users" List and create a line item with "Users" list as the format. Keep the summary as First non blank.  Put a formula using Find function in the line item to separate the users as shared in screenshot below.

TonyViGrand_2-1616581594519.png

Create another line item with just Users list as dimension and as line item format too and you can reference the previous line item to it. Now this new line item will have all the users having Write Access to the dummy users list.

Hope this helps.

Tony Grand

• @SaraBTIT   Unfortunatelly the information setup in Users security tab cannot be used in modules.  You can export the Security information using the option "Split list members line by line" and import the information in some security module. 

alexpavel_2-1616618816435.png

Below an example of how you can create a list of elements using the TEXTLIST as an aggregation method:

alexpavel_0-1616618485100.pngalexpavel_1-1616618519811.png

Hope it helps

Alex

• @alexpavel  @TonyViGrand  @Misbah  Thanks a lot, really appreciate your help. 

I managed to get those Write users in a module, and I was able to identify which user is 'Write' only when this user is the single user in a filed. When multiple users appears in a single field, it doesn't work. 

Export the users by using split list members line by line is a good idea, the challenge I encountered is data cleaning after file is exported, there're almost 50columns and over 800 users in the system, while I would only need a small part of filtered data to process. 

Still, it would be great if Anaplan can provide a formula which can split text by comma, in a text formatted line items, no matter how many commas it contains (FIND LEFT can only split specific target). 

• @SaraBTIT Indeed importing the Export of Users tab can be a challenge :).

But if you load it into a numbered list with the unique combination of Users, Roles and all the Selected access columns.. in the end, you can manage.

I think your issue that you are NOT able to see multiple users related to a particular element of the Selected access column is that you are using the "Users" list. 

"Users" list does not allow to make a SUM or any other aggregation method (like TEXTLIST) based on "Users" list. 

This is why in order to bypass this, I usually use a dummy Users list which is loaded from the "Users" list.. This way you will be able to have the desired outcome. 

Hope it helps

Alex

• @TonyViGrand wrote:

MyAARPMedicare 

I have an idea which might help you to get the users with write access.

First, import the "Write" column of the Fake Users List to a module with a text formatted line item dimensioned by "Fake Users" List.

TonyViGrand_0-1616581069676.png

Next, create another module dimensioned by Inbuilt "Users" List and "Fake users" List and create a line item with "Users" list as the format. Keep the summary as First non blank.  Put a formula using Find function in the line item to separate the users as shared in screenshot below.

TonyViGrand_2-1616581594519.png

Create another line item with just Users list as dimension and as line item format too and you can reference the previous line item to it. Now this new line item will have all the users having Write Access to the dummy users list.

Hope this helps.

Tony Grand