Revision Tags

wbroughton
edited December 2022 in Modeling

I have a question on revision tag and just need some extra clarity.

If I make changes in DEV and want to push those changes to DEBUG or PROD model, would the revision tag be created in the DEV model or the other models where I'm pushing those changes to? I've read documentation and videos, but just want to make sure I don't have any mishaps.

Answers

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@wbroughton

The revision tag needs to be created in the Dev model

• wbroughton
    edited December 2022

Thank you! I have another questions somewhat unrelated, but in regards to Anaplan. If I'm trying to import a copy of a model from one workspace to another so I can archive it, but it will go over storage capacity, what would be the best way to go about doing so? Hope that makes sense.

• rob_marshall
    edited December 2022

@wbroughton

There is not a really good answer to your question. Let me do something I tell my kids not to do and that is answer a question with another question. Why are you wanting/needing to do the copy and archive? I ask because usually, as in the vast majority of Anaplan models, are not considered the System of Record. I would look into why this needed first off. If it is really needed, how much space are you needing to add? Are there other models that can be archived or are no longer needed?