Rounding function showing inconsistent results

Hi 

We are  getting some inconsistent results with round function in Anaplan which is causing bit of an issue at a client's end . I have seen few posts relating to round function so may be a know bug . Just trying my luck if anyone has been able to solve this .

Below is an eg.

Please note how rounding formula behaves differently for Input 1 (rounds up) and Input 2(rounds Down)

thumbnail_image001.png

Here is the blueprint 

thumbnail_image002.png

All line items are formatted as follows

thumbnail_image003.png

Best Answer

Answers

• @karank 

What is the expected outcome in the output line item? For example Input 1 is 31.49500 - how do you want to see these numbers in the output line item - 31.495 or 31.5 or any other specific way

Thanks,

Misbah

• @Misbah I just what it to be consistent so either both 31.49 or 31.50. Reason i say this is because we have tried few things like replacing 100 with 10 in rounding formula but it works for some scenarios and breaks for others . Unable to get a consistent result with rounding function 

• @karank 

Can you try this and see if this helps

Remove Round Function from the formula and  - and keep your decimal places in the output line item to 2 or 3 whatever your requirement is

For example in my case I have kept the setting as as 4 Minimum significant digits & 2 Decimal places. I am getting the desired result because Anaplan automatically rounds it if you keep lesser decimal places than the input line item.

See Screenshots in attachments

Thanks,

Misbah

• @Misbah This approach works for display only . However when you extract data it extracts all digits in csv. 

• Maybe it's because of formating it's not showing desired results
  • Hi,

Round is known to have an issue as found in this topic. Your is different but might be related to the underlying engine as well.

I tried to reproduce it as well but I couldn't. My module rightly display 32.49000

Have you raised this case to support ? It would be interesting for us to be able copy copy this model to be analyzed.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform-Discussions/ROUND-Function-Not-Always-Rounding/m-p/7290#M333

• @nathan_rudman

yes i have now . Support has acknowledged this as a bug .
  • Hi 

@stephen.brook Exact solved this issue 

Thanks