Rounding function showing inconsistent results

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Rounding function showing inconsistent results

Hi 

We are  getting some inconsistent results with round function in Anaplan which is causing bit of an issue at a client's end . I have seen few posts relating to round function so may be a know bug . Just trying my luck if anyone has been able to solve this .

Below is an eg.

Please note how rounding formula behaves differently for Input 1 (rounds up) and Input 2(rounds Down)

thumbnail_image001.png

Here is the blueprint 

thumbnail_image002.png

All line items are formatted as follows

thumbnail_image003.png

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Rounding function showing inconsistent results

@karank 

What is the expected outcome in the output line item? For example Input 1 is 31.49500 - how do you want to see these numbers in the output line item - 31.495 or 31.5 or any other specific way

Thanks,

Misbah

Highlighted

@Misbah I just what it to be consistent so either both 31.49 or 31.50. Reason i say this is because we have tried few things like replacing 100 with 10 in rounding formula but it works for some scenarios and breaks for others . Unable to get a consistent result with rounding function 

@karank 

Can you try this and see if this helps

Remove Round Function from the formula and  - and keep your decimal places in the output line item to 2 or 3 whatever your requirement is

For example in my case I have kept the setting as as 4 Minimum significant digits & 2 Decimal places. I am getting the desired result because Anaplan automatically rounds it if you keep lesser decimal places than the input line item.

See Screenshots in attachments

Thanks,

Misbah

Highlighted

@Misbah This approach works for display only . However when you extract data it extracts all digits in csv. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Maybe it's because of formating it's not showing desired results
Highlighted
Community Boss

Hi,

Round is known to have an issue as found in this topic. Your is different but might be related to the underlying engine as well.

I tried to reproduce it as well but I couldn't. My module rightly display 32.49000

Have you raised this case to support ? It would be interesting for us to be able copy copy this model to be analyzed.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform-Discussions/ROUND-Function-Not-Always-Rounding/m-p...

Nathan Rudman, Anaplan Model Builder
Highlighted

@nathan_rudman

yes i have now . Support has acknowledged this as a bug .
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi - we're sorry you experienced issues with ROUND. In this weekend's maintenance window, we've added a new ROUND mode that addresses the issue you've observed. Here's your example using the new EXACT mode for ROUND:

clipboard_image_0.png

You can find more detail on the change here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/What-s-new-November-23-2019/ba-p/54370

And we've updated Anapedia to reflect the change, and added some further examples: https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/All/ROUND.html

Thanks, Stephen

Highlighted

Hi 

@stephen.brook Exact solved this issue 

Thanks