Running an Action to Export with a Mapping from Informatica

Hi,

I'm trying to execute an Action to export data with the use of a Mapping in Informatica. I've executed many exports with mappings in the past, but for some reason with this action, I'm only receiving the headers. There are no rows of data.

The strange thing is that when I run this action directly in Anaplan I get the rows of data without issue.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jorge

Best Answer

• jmejia
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

Looks like the service account that Informatica was using had an expired password. Resetting the password enabled the action to export data, not just headers. Strange though because in the past when this is the case, the validation fails in Informatica and you are unable to run the action entirely. I'm not sure why Informatica behaved this way this time around.

Thank everybody.

Jorge

Answers

• JaredDolich
    edited November 2022

@jmejia 

Try this: There's a good chance the default export is from a prior save. Anytime you change the saved view you must manually rerun the export action and save as "All". Make sure you name the export the same as before. Then try again. With exports using the API (or with Informatica, same) there are two parts to an export. The first is to create the export action, the second is to download the data. Sometimes these two get confused as being one and the same.

If this doesn't work, make sure the email (User) you're using in Informatica has the security to see the data you're after. Could be a simple selective access issue.

• jmejia
    edited November 2022

Thanks for the advice  @JaredDolich but unfortunately after executing your suggestions the export still only has headers. This is the first time I've had an issue like this with a seemingly straight forward export action.

Jorge

• ashish.banka
    edited November 2022

@jmejia Just wondering, when the run the export from Anaplan platform, does it shows data along with header?

~AB

• jmejia
    edited November 2022

@ashish.banka Indeed. When executing in the Anaplan platform, I receive the full export (headers & rows).

Jorge

• JaredDolich
    edited November 2022

@jmejia 

It's possible it's an Informatica issue. One idea that I used a while ago was to delete the Informatica process and rebuild it. If that's possible without a lot of disruption you can try that too. Beyond that, I would say it's time to pull in the support@anaplan team.

• SelmaX
    edited November 2022

Hi Jorge,

I'm trying to create a mapping that exports data from Anaplan to a file. On Anaplan side, there's an export action that I use as a source, my mapping completes successfully, but no records are copied.

Could you describe me steps for extracting data from Anaplan via IICS? I read Anaplan connector guide, but I can only see that we need first Import step, then Export step that uses ERRORDUMP from the Import step.

Thanks,

Selma

• jmejia
    edited November 2022

Hi @SelmaX ,

I apologize that I'm only now seeing this question. Let me know if you still need assistance.