SUM of a Line Item

Hi all, I am trying to calculate the total of a Line Item to use in a formula (for example: totals are listed at top or bottom but I need to use this total amount in a formula). I have tried to use a 'SUM' formula for the line item but have not been able to get the formula to correctly work. Is there a simplified way to do this for use in a formula? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Kaley

Answers

• [quote]Totals of lists can be referenced in a formula using SELECT:  LIST.TOTAL

Kaley MooreHi all,

I am trying to calculate the total of a Line Item to use in a formula (for example: totals are listed at top or bottom but I need to use this total amount in a formula). I have tried to use a 'SUM' formula for the line item but have not been able to get the formula to correctly work. Is there a simplified way to do this for use in a formula? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kaley
    [/quote]
  • Kaley, Ping me me I can assist?
  • Hi Kaley

You can just select the line items you need to sum up by just clicking the + sign after each line item.

Just activate the formula bar and start selecting the line items which should be part of the total and anaplan would automtically write the aggregation for you.

Or in the blue print mode there is a parent column where you can select the applicable total line item as parent for all the child line items.
  • I am trying to use the total of my Line Item in a formula to get a percentage.  For example (One department's amount / All departments' amount)

This question was asked a few years ago but I have not been able to get the Select formula to work for me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Loraine

• @Loraine 

Do you have a top level defined for the Departments?  If so, your formula would be:

line item / line item[Select: Departments.All Departments]

Rob

• The top level is All Organizations.  In you example is Departments the name of the hierarchy used in the module? 

[Select: Dept Hierarchy (L1): Clinical Rev Provider #.All Organizations]

• @Loraine 

I was getting Departments from your post, but if the list is Organizations, then you can use that.  I am not sure what this value is in your post:  Clinical Rev Provider #

If the list is Organization and the Top Level is All Organizations, then the formula would be:

line item / line item[Select: Organizations.All Organizations]

• Create a new line item to hold the value for all departments and remove departments from the applies to. Reference your source data and the formula will take the top level / All Departments as a default.