SYS14 Automatic sum over Flat List not possible

Occasional Contributor

SYS14 Automatic sum over Flat List not possible

The line item "Data?" in Data Hub Model: SYS14 module was asked to reference SYS12 SKU Details and SYS13 Account SKU filter which were created during Level 2 Data Hub. However, both SYS12 and SYS13 were using SKU Flat as dimensions (as instructed in Level 2 training). When trying to reference the two modules, I got error indication "Invalid formula for 'SYS14 Create Account>Product'.Data?: Automatic sum of 'SYS13 Account SKU Filter'.Has Data? over SKU Flat hierarchy is not possible as SKU Flat does not have a built-in top level".  

Shall I assign parents and top levels for the SKU flat list? or change SKU12 & SKU13 dimensions from "SKU Flat" to "P3 SKU"? I know the problem is not from the formula but from the list structure.     

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: SYS14 Automatic sum over Flat List not possible

No, you don't want to do that. Keep the dimensions as Flat list and not hierarchical list.

Can you please show us which line item in SYS14 module are you writing the formula - As far as I know SYS14 has both account and product as dimension so there won't be automatic summing required.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Misbah. I'm writing formula for "Data?" line item in SYS14.  Yes SYS14 uses Accounts Flat and Products Flat as dimensions, and Level 3 instructed that the line item "Data?" shall reference module SYS13 & SYS12 which were created during Level 2 training. The automatic sum error happens because both SYS13 and SYS12 were using SKU Flat as dimensions.  

Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

@SaraBTIT 

I think what you want to check in DATA line item of SYS14 module is if a particular combination of SKU & Account has data or not. This information is already available in SYS13 module (atleast for me it is). In this line item you can just refer SYS13.

If you don't have it in SYS13 then you can write the formula in the DATA line item of SYS14 module. We are not supposed to give share formulae but i can give you a hint : See other SUM functions in sync with Time

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey Misbah,

I'm referencing the "Has Data?" line item in the SYS13 Account SKU Filter Module to drive the boolean Data? line item in SYS14 module and all the values are populating blank or "false". Would you mind advising what the potential issue may be?  I'm relatively certain the formula used in the SYS13 module is correct based on your comments above... SUM..TIME