Save Subsidiary view as default

Hi When I click on the eyeball to open a subsidiary view, I get the default grid format with Time in columns. I can pivot the grid as desired, but then, how do I save this as the default view so that it opens like this when I click on the eyeball next time? I can use 'save as', the view is saved as a subsidiary view and appears in my homepage as a bullet point, but when I click on the eyeball from the default module view, it reverts back to the default format with Time in columns. I can also use 'save' while I'm in the sub view, but then I get an error message "Sorry, the submission is no longer valid following a change by another user" even though I'm the only user connected to my model. Thanks for your help! Regards Jérémie

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hi Jeremie,

The subsidiary view cannot be changed and then saved from the default subsidiary view. You can, however, change the default view in the module by going to View > Save As... and then checking the box for 'Save as default view for module.' This will make the module open to the subsidiary view as you've defined it.

However, be very careful when doing this as you will not be able to access any other line items from the new default view. If you save the subsidiary view as the default view, then line items will disappear as a dimension and you will be unable to exit the subsidiary view. In order to get out of this, you must go to View > Manage Views... > Reset Default View.

You can save the subsidiary view as a saved view, as you have noted, which appears as a bullet point on the home screen. Currently, the access to the subsidiary view within the module cannot be changed.

Aaron

Answers

• One useful tip...

Although you can't stop time going into the column headers you can control which dimension goes on the rows.  When you look at the line item in the blueprint, the first dimension listed in the 'Applies to' text string, will be the one which appears in the rows.  You can manually edit the 'applies to', so just copy/paste the dimension name to the front of the string.
  • [quote=Adam Bimson]One useful tip...

Although you can't stop time going into the column headers you can control which dimension goes on the rows.  When you look at the line item in the blueprint, the first dimension listed in the 'Applies to' text string, will be the one which appears in the rows.  You can manually edit the 'applies to', so just copy/paste the dimension name to the front of the string.[/quote]
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Replying to this just in case anybody else was having this issue. When you look at the line item in the blueprint, the first dimension listed in the 'Applies to' text string, will be the one which appears in the rows. The LAST dimension in the applies to will be the columns. Everything else will be pages. 

You can adjust the string so that the view looks a little better whenever you open it up.