Scenario Question for Time Settings.

IF MODULE A = CUSTOM CALENDAR & FY19 DATA,

MODULE B = MODEL CALENDAR of  FY21, 

then how can we get MODULE A DATA to Module B as FY21?

Regards,

Muizz S.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• It's because your Target Calendar doesn't have source period in it. This means there is no one-line solution, but let me give you two alternative solutions (either 1 or 2 will do the work):

MKierepka_0-1644481126600.png

Please note that you might already have "Calc_2" in some time settings SYS module (if not, build it there), and can utilize it here and in the future in multiple modules.

Answers

• Hi,
    Probably you need to use lookup.
    Create SYS module with dimension of Time (what you have in Module B), format of line item as Custom Time (so what you have in module A), and then map items from one list to another. Then, in module B you will do something like "Module A.Value[LOOKUP:SYS.Time mapping]"
    Hope it helps! (if not, please provide more details)
  • Hi @M.Kierepka . 

Please refer to the Screenshots below:

1. Module A: Timescale= Months, Time Range = Custom Calendar (Ref. Image MS Teams-1)

2. Module B: Timescale= Months, Time Range = Model Calendar (Ref. Image MS Teams)

3. System Module: Timescale= Months, Time Range = Model Calendar (Ref. Image MS Teams)

4. The error I got is Datatype mismatch along with the formula for lookup suggested by you.(Ref. Image MS Teams- 5)

Is there anything else we are missing out or going a wrong path?? 

Regards,

Muizz S.

• It's just miscommunication - I thought "Custom Calendar" is some list you created with different time structure than default Anaplan Calendar. But your "Custom Calendar" is just Time Range - Anaplan shouldn't have problems with mapping values between them.

About solution: In target line item, put formula "LAG( Module A.Sales, 24, 0)"

Explanation: LAG allows you to bring values with offset in time. 24 is the number of months between source and target (I assume you want to always pick numbers from "current year minus two"). The third argument, 0, tells Anaplan what to do if it will try to get values outside the range.

More about LAG formula: https://help.anaplan.com/3064919f-964e-4b84-be56-15f0e127e371-LAG

• Hi Sir, 

The formula was applied but the Values did not come up & still showing as 0. Please refer below screenshot.

Regards,

Muizz S.

• Hi @M.Kierepka 

Thanks a lot sir. The Calc 2 method worked after implementing this line item in the SYS module & the Lookup formula returned the 2019 values.

Regards,

Regards,

Muizz S.