Selective Down Selection - Selective Access

Team - I want to restrict the users to see only those items in the drop down to which that user has an access. For example, in the screenshot, I want to restrict the users to certain location.. and not every location.. selective access works great when the list is a dimension.. but not able to replicate the behavior when the list is a dropdown.

ScriptStoryDude_0-1615486122833.png

Any pointers would be great. In this if I have access to only two items say Kyiv or Lyiv, then I should not see others.

Best Answer

• @AvnishGoel @DaanishSoomar , list (as page selector) can be certainly controlled after making respective changes in "Format" of line item but it goes hand-on-hand with "Selective Access Enabled" check.

CommunityMember126793_0-1615532038996.png

If u know a certain user need access on certain value of the list then select that user (under Read / Write columns in List once Selective Access is Enabled).

Hope am able to shed some more required light!

Answers

• Hi @AvnishGoel,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to mirror the selective access logic you have applied on the dimension, in the list formatted dropdown.

See if this helps- in the blueprint view, for that specific list formatted line item, there is a toggle which you can filter by "Selective Access". Try flipping this on. 

dsoomar002_0-1615488410139.png

I used this article as a reference.

• Great supplementary comment @CommunityMember12679!