Selective access in dropdown list

Hi, 

How can i apply the selective access write only in my dropdown list ?

I have a list with selective access both write and read and in my dropdown list i only want to allow users to select those members that they have write access.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards,

Tom

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi, 

You can use dependent dropdown option in Anaplan. You will have selective option over there itself

Please check this video

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/On-Demand-Courses/Dependent-Dropdowns/ta-p/63723

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Bharadwaj

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• Thanks for responding @Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati, my issue was the user can select the list even when their access are only Read. I have  checked in Anapedia and can see that once picklist is used, the Read or Write access is being ignored. 

Is there other workaround i can apply to limit the user to only select those list that they have write access.

tompatrickting_0-1656572165463.png

• @tompatrick.ting 

There should be a setting in the line item formatting that allows you to enable selective access for the drop down.

• @tompatrick.ting 

While setting up the dropdown line item, kindly tick the 'Selective Access' boolean to activate the same. 

anandshekhawat_0-1656579152701.png

I assume you have already checked the 'Selective Access Enabled?' boolean from configure section of the list. Otherwise the sol'n won't work.

I hope it helps

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• Hi @anand.shekhawat and @ChrisAHeathcote 

Yes, I enabled the Selective access in the list and enabled the line item Filter for Selective access.

My problem is once i provide the user Read Access to certain list member, that Read access will also be available in the user dropdown list.

I only want to allow the user to only select those list member that they will have Write access.

Regards,

Tom