Size of module and models using APIs

kauldheeraj
Contributor

Size of module and models using APIs

Hi All,

I need a way to automate capturing the cell size of the modules and overall size of my models. 

Right now, for modules, I have to capture it one by one in the model itself, but that is not feasible as an administrator considering we have several models and thousands of modules. 

Is there a way, using APIs or otherwise, to get 
i. Size/Cell size of each module in a model

ii. Size of all the models that are present in my tenant

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
kauldheeraj
Contributor

@andrewtye The idea here is to assess the size of your models on an ongoing basis as you assess your models. Hypercare is a good solution for now but it does not provide all the information that we need, which is the size in terms of a module and list. Yes, we are clearing out a lot of lists and modules in our Data Hub layer, which requires this processing because of changing nature of our upstream data needs. 

nathan_rudman
Community Boss

it seems it is not available via API however you can export the list of line items and calculate the size from that with a script. many models & some external apps do that.

Nathan Rudman, Anaplan Model Builder
kauldheeraj
Contributor

Thanks @nathan_rudman . That is how I am doing it right now. Appreciate your response. 

Yash1
Frequent Contributor

Hi @kauldheeraj ,

You can achieve this by using transactional APIs.

See the post from Jess Wilson.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Transactional-API-Library/m-p/90521#M20235

In one of the examples he shows how to get the total size ,available size of the models.

Let me know in case of any further clarifications.

Cheers,

Yash

kauldheeraj
Contributor

Thanks @Yash1 the total size and available size in the example is for workspace, which I am already capturing. The transactional APIs do not provide that info for models or modules (cell size in case of modules)

Yash1
Frequent Contributor

Hi @kauldheeraj 

Yep, you are right.

One more suggestion - if you export all the lineitems , use that file and then based on the cell count and type try to calculate the size.

It sounds complicated but you may give it a try.

Thanks,

Yash