Sparkline - specific time selection ?

Hello, 

I was wondering if it's possible to choose a specific time selection for sparkline, and how to do it ? 

Indeed I have a dashboard filtered on a specific week for example here the week 23, 

The KPI growth % and the sparkline associated show me the trend of the week 22 to week 26, but i would like to have only the trend of the 5 weeks before the week 23 to see the past and not the future (week 18 to week 23).

Is that possible ? 

aeyzat_0-1623847264851.png

thank you for your help, 

amélie 

Answers

• Hi @aeyzat ,

You can achieve this by applying filter on time:

Example: sparkline without any time filter

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 6.48.47 PM.png

Example sparkline with time filter (showing only 1st quarter)

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 6.50.40 PM.png

Time filter:

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 6.50.09 PM.png

> However, this will limit your selections on the time context selector, but if you would want to show only those previous periods, then it should work

> Also, since sparklines work in alignment with time summary, you cannot plot data pertaining to partial weeks which are part of two months (in this case, weeks 18 to 23 do fall in two months)

> You might want to try a workaround such as to zero out the data of other weeks, so that the sparkline captures only non-zero values as needed (and you would not need any filtering in this case)

Regards,

vinayvm

• Hi,

I'm facing similar issue but at monthly level. I want to sparkline for only my actual months in planning fiscal year. In my case Jan 22 to May 22 data

I've applied filter on time period and context selector is showing only those 5 months but sparkline is still showing entire 12 Months. Jan 22 to Dec 22

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn