Subgroup within Parent structure

Hi

Please refer the screenshot, we would like to further subgroup the records under each parent based on the job name.

ex. for example, for the parent 'C-4K/768/960, there are 6 records, with two records for a job name. We would like to further subgroup the 6 records  within a parent, based on Job name. Please see the second screen shot attached. Can you suggest how to achieve this hierarchy in anaplan?

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @praba71 ,

Very well.

Parent levelTop level
    Current Parent (C-4K/768/960) All
    Job (318317, etc)Current Parent 
    Child (3,4, etc)Job 

You can tell me what is your current parent and child levels are. 

Also keep a module at the child level and have the properties as line items. Do not use list property.

Thanks

Arun

• Hello Arun

Thanks for the response. My current parent is the Assembly Config (ex.C-4K/768/960). I want to have Job name as subparent under the Assembly config and Component item as children under the Job Name.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran

• Hi @praba71,

If you're trying to create a subgroup within the same parent hierarchy, you can do the following:

1. In the parent hierarchy, import JOB_NAME as a child
    2. In the child hierarchy, import COMP_ITEM_NUMBER as the child & the JOB_NAME as the parent

Essentially, you'll have to split the import actions into 2 (first to build the subgroup, second to load the children).

• Hi @jackcplanning  thanks for your update. Can you please be more detailed in your suggestion ?

If possible, can you please provide some screenshots?

Thanks

Regards

Prabakaran