Synchronization using ALM

Hi, I want to move a structural change (adding properties to a list) from one model to another using ALM features. I'm not sure how to operate that, so are step-by-step instructions and screenshots on comparing & synchronizing available anywhre in anapedia? It would be very helpful for me. Thanks and regards, Maki Yasuda

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Maki,

I think this might be the article you are looking for, but if not feel free to dig around the ALM section here, hope this helps! 

https://community.anaplan.com/anapedia/model-building/alm/compare-synchronize/comparing-synchronizing-changes

-Chris Weiss
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for giving me the URL. It is helpful for me to understand synchronization operations.
    BTW,  I can see  the text of "If selected as the "List" format of a non-production list," in the site below.
    What does this mean?

https://community.anaplan.com/web/guest/anapedia/model-building/alm/model-data/structural-information-reference

Thanks and regards,
    Maki Yasuda
  • Hi Maki,

I believe this means that if another list is configured to reference the current list (it is set as the List Format of a different list), the current list will be considered a Production List and values will not be synchronized as with other Production Lists (regardless of whether the Product List value is enabled on the current list).  But I may be wrong, happy for anybody else to add more clarity here or correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise I hope that helps!

-Chris Weiss
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your easy-to-understand explanation. What was unclear for me went away!

Thanks,
    Maki
  • Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that helped!!

-Chris Weiss
  • Hi,
    Let me ask about Source Models feature.
    I specified the model using 'Edit Mapping' button in 'Source Models', however, 'Mapped To' column has been still blank.
    What possible causes this?

Thanks and regards,
    Maki Yasuda
  • Hi Maki,

We've only seen the Mapped To column be blank in a few scenarios, and it sounds unlikely that any apply in your case, but feel free to test these out:

[list=1]
    The first time you view the Source Models tab before you set the Mapped Column, it will be blank.  (Sounds like you've already clicked Edit Mapping to set a new value though.)
    The original source model is no longer available (has been deleted, or comes from a workspace that is no longer connected to the current workspace).  The Edit Mapping screen would present the error to you, and it sounds like you have been able to specify the model, so this probably isn't the cause of your problem.
    Somebody clicks Remove Mapping.  But in your case this assumes that you first successfully see a value in that column in the first place.
    Do I understand correctly that you have created a cross-model import, viewed it in the Source Models settings screen, clicked Edit Mapping, selected a new source model, and then not seen the new source appear in the Mapped To column?

-Chris Weiss

The second time we've seen this
  • Hi Chris,

Thank you for your very detailed explanation!
    I found that I missed to select a different source model in the Edit Mapping screen.
    Once selected a different model here, the source appeared in the Mapped To column.

BTW, once this import mapping settings done, how can I run an import action?

Thanks and regards,
    Maki
  • Hi Maki,

Glad to hear that helped with the model mapping!

For running existing import actions, you can run them manually from the Actions screen in the Settings panel (but this is only recommended for one-time use and is only accessible to workspace administrators), or you can publish the import action to a dashboard (click View, Publish to Dashboard in the Actions screen).  All the details you should need are within the hierarchy of this Anapeida article: https://community.anaplan.com/anapedia/data-integration/import.

Hope that helps!

-Chris Weiss