TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets

Hi, I want to make sure I'm understanding the intended logic of the TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets module. From the user story it says, "I will know this is complete when I can see the percentage of the country’s actual sales revenue by product family that each account’s actual product sales contributed to per quarter." So first we find the Actual Sales Revenue for each country by product family then the accounts actual product sales. Divide these numbers to get the percentage. I created a formula for the PY Country and Product Family Sales column. Does it look to be on the right track? I assume we have to use the DATA modules to attain the PY sales data in combo with the SYS modules to get the data to the correct dimensions for each column. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

jjconn13_0-1616561847731.png

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@jjconn13 

Yes, Unlike Level 2, Level 3 will test you aggressively on the analytical capabilities. They won't tell you each and everything. you got to figure out how you can achieve it by following best practices. Create Intermediate modules if you need to but follow best practices.

Answers

• @jjconn13 

All I can say is that you will have to calculate the numbers at Product Family & Country Intersection. I don't think the formula that  you have written aggregates anything on Country and Product Family. Also make sure you follow best practices while writing the formula.

Make sure you check out the Digital Planual Here if you need any assistance on Best Practice

• I'm still struggling on how to aggregate data for country and product family. Perhaps I'm using the wrong source file. I'm using the DAT02 PY Revenue to CY Module (used to bring forward the FY19 data) which is dimensioned by A2 Account>Product# and Time(FY20). The target module, TAR01 Detailed Sales Target Module, is also dimensioned the same. I know I need to somehow incorporate the country and product family, but I'm struggling as to how. 

• @jjconn13 

You don't need to do that in the same module. Think how can Product Family & Country Intersection data be aggregated into another module and then use that in your TAR01 module which is dimensioned by Account>Product#

• Ok, thanks for the hint. So perhaps create a Staging Module?

• @jjconn13 since we have to follow Anaplan best practices so we should avoid increasing the size and should look upon the also collected data in modules.

Are you sure you don't any module which intersect Country and Product data (look into your DAT modules and believe you will find that one)?

• The only DAT module that is dimensioned by Country and Product Family is the Baseline Financial Forecast module, but this consists of FY20 forecasted data. Do I then need a separate line item in this module to pull previous year actuals? 

• @jjconn13 hope it will help you and possibly take you to the required formula

CommunityMember126793_0-1616647444904.png

• Thanks again for the help, but I'm a bit confused now. I did not originally have this DAT03 module so hopefully I didn't miss a step. I went back through the lesson and this module was not mentioned, so I will assume it needs to be created for the sake of the TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets Module. 

• Ok great, thank you for all your help!

• Ok, I believe I now have completed the TAR01 module. Since there are no figures provided as a check, I just wanted to confirm if I'm ok to move on. I also built the check module as well, but just wanted to confirm my actual figures. 

jjconn13_0-1616669163237.png

jjconn13_1-1616669225659.png

• @jjconn13 not sure which step are you in but the beauty of the course is that there are screen-prints to validate the module & data (** condition: pertain to the provided data only and don't manipulate if not require to do).. If the screen-print is not at the current stage then validate the data and module in the next stage.

I am sure this will be referred at the next stage and there if you get the desired result then this itself is a proof that your formulae is correct.

Hope able to shed some light!

Let us know if need any more help at your current stage

All the best

• Ok, understood. Thank you.