Territory Effective Dating

I am looking for a solution to do territory effective dating in a model that can be used year over year without creating a new model each year.  The ultimate goal is to roll up quota crediting to a specific Rep based on transaction date. Example:

Rep A assigned to Territory 1 = 1/1/2022 to 5/31/2022

Rep A assigned to Territory 2  = 6/1/2022 to 6/30/2022

How can I set up a territory assignment module/list to be able to do  territory assignment to reps over time without creating  new list items for each new assignment?

Answers

• Hi @CommunityMember88152 

You can create a module like below where Territory and Reps are the dimensions and Assign?, Start Period and End Period are line items. Every territory-rep assignment can have a different time allocation in this way.

shreyashree_0-1655956519019.png

Later, you can plot this data by time dimension using Start period and End period for the purpose of rolling up quota crediting by time.

shreyashree_2-1655957149233.png

Hope this helps.

• In this scenario, if someone is assigned to Territory 1 from Feb 21 to May 21, then Territory 2 from May 21 to Oct 21, then back to Territory 1 from Oct 21 to Dec 21, would this solution still be possible?  I am trying to solve for a rep moving in and out of the same territory in the same year. 

• In that case, you can have an input module like below where you assign directly by time.

shreyashree_1-1656042428919.png