Text Symbols

In one of the models on the App Hub I have found a text-formatted line item with a tick symbol (✔ - possibly a check in American?) input.  How can symbols be input as text? What symbols are acceptable? I tried some Wingdings, for example, but they didn't work.  Mark.

Tagged:

Answers

• I think anything from a UTF-8 character set should work.  Technically I might be not quite right there, but cetainly when I take them from somewhere like this it seems to be OK http://www.w3schools.com/charsets/ref_html_utf8.asp

As an example, I've just added a Radioactive Hot Beverage product to a model of mine (☢ )

Other useful examples include...

Getting a sparkline type trend indicator using arrows (↗↘↔).  i.e. IF Growth >0.05 then ↗ ELSE IF Growth <-0.05 then ↘ ELSE ↔ (nice when used with conditional formats)

Or even I sometimes have dummy lists as a way of arranging my lists. i.e. in the settings having

▽ PRODUCT HIERARCHY ▽
    Product Categories
    Product Families
    Products
    ▽ GEOGRAPHIC HIERARCHY ▽
    Regions
    Sub Regions
    Countries
  • Adam,

UTF-8 works just great, there's plenty of symbols, and Dingbats as well. My limited testing suggests that the symbols that my browser supports on the website you suggested are supported into Anaplan as well.

Thanks very much,

Mark.