Time Range as Context Selectors for Dashboards

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to have a context selector be a time period which will impact what the users see on charts.

The charts themselves would still have the time periods on as well - by quarter or by month.

Ideally, I'd be able to choose two months and the charts would update to show the data by month between those two months, but not sure if that's possible.

If not, then just having a dropdown list saying for example, "+/- 1 Year", "+/- 2 Years" or "Forecast Periods Only" and the charts updating to show all those within that selection.

I think I've found a few answers on here perhaps relating to the old UX dashboards, whereas I'm looking for the new ones on apps.

Thanks.

Answers

• Hello @tomallen92 ,

Yes, possible.

Can you refer to articles on "Dynamic charting". It is also available in the training course.

1. Create a module with user dimension and line items for selection, for eg : From and To month

2. Create a time filter module in which you select the months between From and To. This boolean line item is dimensioned by User and Months.

3. Use the boolean line item to filter your view used for the chart.

Thanks

Arun

• Hi Arun,

Thanks for replying.

I think I understand what you've said to do - but how would you make this dynamic in how the end user would select the months? It's not something I want to limit to specific roles per se, just have drop-downs for, similar to the context selectors you see on the new UX dashboards.

Thanks.

• Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys with regards