Time Range

NancyKhurana
edited February 2023 in Modeling

I have my model calendar period starting from FY17 but I want to see data in dashboards only from FY19 onwards . 

Is there any way to do this ?

NancyKhurana_2-1625209967630.png

Comments

• @NancyKhurana ,

If you would like to show only a subset of years in the dropdown, one way is to :

1. Create a custom years list, which will hold just the years you would like to show in the dropdown 

2. Convert this to native year format using finditem, which can then be used in your downstream calculations

Data view

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 1.29.21 PM.png

Blueprint view

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 1.34.05 PM.png

Regards,

vinayvm

• Hi Nancy,

Time Period formatted line item's will not take Time Range into the consideration instead it takes super set(Time Scale + Time Range) into the consideration.

For your requirement there is a work around in both classic and new ux.

Please find the below steps if you are using new UX

1. Create a Module with Time Range as a dimension and it should be in the Pages of Pivot and one line item time period formatted as year. Write Formula of line item as Item(Time) and then you can use this line item to filter the grids or for any other downstream calculations.

FAHAD_TAILOR_0-1625213477393.png

2. In New UX in the card enable the selector from which user can make selection and the line item's data will be derived from this time period selection.

FAHAD_TAILOR_1-1625213980487.png

Please let us know if this help's 

Regards

Fahad