Time treated as common list on Import Action

Hi,

I am loading a CSV into a module that has simple time list at month level – however the import action is treating TIME as a common list rather than allowing to do the specific time mappings as expected. Im sending below the details with all the screeenshots I believe are necessary to help understanding the issue.

Here is the CSV in notepad

paolovm_0-1586288864893.png

Here is the module blueprint showing that time is indeed from the native functionality with Month granularity

paolovm_1-1586288864912.png

Here is the source file mapping

paolovm_2-1586288864937.png

Here is the import itself and what appears in the main tab

paolovm_3-1586288864940.png

paolovm_4-1586288864971.png

And here is the issue. Instead of allowing the customized time mapping it is forcing me to match by name or manually.

paolovm_5-1586288865002.png

This is what I would expect instead of what I find in ITEM 5

paolovm_6-1586288865021.png

Ive allready tried creating the same action for different module with same lists – same result.

Please let me know if anyone need additional info

Regards,

Paolo

Best Answer

• VIGNESH.M
    Answer ✓

Hi @paolovm @Harsha 

We have duplicates in the Time period, this is causing the problem. 

3.png

#1. I tried to load this file without making any changes and seeing the system taking time as a flat list, also highlighting the duplicates

1.png

#2. Removed the duplicates, the system is recognizing the Time Period and I am able to load the month values successfully, year values are getting ignored as expected.

2.png

Here is a simple month example,

#1. With unique months, am seeing the right mapping.

3.png

#2. With duplicate months, the system showing the duplicates.

4.png

When we have duplicates in the Time Dimension, the system cannot identify the one to one mapping and we need to manually do the mapping.

Thanks,

Vignesh M

Answers

• Hi Paolo, have you tried adjusting to a Custom fixed-position pattern where it would be "MMM?YY" format?  It may be struggling to pick up by default the time period format.  

• Hi @paolovm 

I tried to replicate your scenario. it's working well for me. 

Capture3.JPG

I changed Text Encoding.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Can you recheck the import action again.

• Hi @paolovm 

Is it possible for you to attach source file here. And also model calendar SS.

Thanks,

Harsha

• I did try multiple formats for the time format in the file - so far without any success.
  • Hi Sorna,

Unfortunately that did not make it work for me ... its looking like a bug, smelling like a bug... still hopeful im missing something though

paolovm_0-1586354713240.png

• Hi Harsha,

Here they are..

paolovm_0-1586355105979.png

Thanks for raising your hand!

• Hi @paolovm ,

I tried to load source file which gave and got same issue as you.

I don't know why its working like this but Looks like Issue with these source columns. 

Harsha_D_0-1586358294384.png

I was just deleted column 19 from source file. I did this because time is FY21 means summation data. Anaplan does it automatically so removed it from source. 

After that when I import the file, time tab was showing properly.

Harsha_D_3-1586359014527.png

Harsha_D_4-1586359311057.png

I know deleting source columns isn't recommended, I would ask @VIGNESH.M  @Misbah , @usman.zia , @JaredDolich  to give some inputs here or what exactly happened here.

Thanks,

Harsha

• I feel like Anaplan shouldn't force one or the other import mapping options. Just let us pick if we want to use the Match Names option or the more robust period mapping. This has been an issue for at least a decade and gone ignored by development.