Timeout error while CA Certificate Authentication for file Import.

Deepu
Contributor

Timeout error while CA Certificate Authentication for file Import.

Dear Expert , 

I am trying to Import Data into Anaplan via Anaplan Connect Script. I am trying to Import with Certificate based authentication in Script but getting time out error as shown below. Could you please help me with the solution to deal with .Is there any ways to see the error log??

Deepu_0-1615208390460.png

Script :

@Echo off

rem For Windows OS : This example explains the usage of Certificate Authentication with privateKey with Anaplan Connect.
rem It also loads a source text file and runs an Anaplan import into a module.
rem For details of how to configure this script visit https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Downloads/DL_Downloads.html

set CertPath="C:\Anaplan\PubCert1.pem"
set PrivateKey="C:\Anaplan\PRVTKEY.pem:XYZ"
set WorkspaceId="8a81b00f706eee3a01XXXXXXXX"
set ModelId="285CD8FB662648F9824XXXXXXXXXX"
set ServiceUrl="https://api.anaplan.com"
set FileName="TeXXXST.csv"
set FilePath="C:\Anaplan\anaplan-connect-1.4.4\anaplan-connect\TeXXXST.csv"
set ImportName="Z_Dat_Int_TST_PRC"
set DumpName="Client Location for Dumping the Errored data from Import"
set Chunksize=1

set Operation=-debug -service %ServiceUrl% -auth %AuthUrl% -workspace %WorkspaceId% -model %ModelId% -chunksize %Chunksize% -file %FileName% -put %FilePath% -import %ImportName% -execute -output %DumpName%
set Credentials=-certificate %CertPath% -pkey %PrivateKey%

rem *** End of settings - Do not edit below this line ***

setlocal enableextensions enabledelayedexpansion || exit /b 1
cd %~dp0
set Command=.\AnaplanClient.bat %Credentials% %Operation%
@Echo %Command%
cmd /c %Command%

pause

Appreciate your guidance!

Warm Regards

Deep

12 REPLIES 12
ben_speight
Super Contributor

I don't think this is specific to the authentication method - it looks like the API request gave up after about a minute. If something else is happening with that model (eg open/save/import/export) that takes longer then the request can time out. You can adjust the retry timeout (-rt) and max retry count (-mrc); I think the maximum timeout is the default (a minute) but the default count can be increased from the default (and minimum) 3 up to 15 which may help.

DaanishSoomar
Certified Master Anaplanner

If this does not help, perhaps @Deepu you could open a Support ticket by emailing support@anaplan.com. @eric_paulsen and his team can assist by taking a look at details tied to the account, credentials, and error logs on the backend. 

Orangutangle
New Contributor

1. Download the Securly Certificate CRT file. 
  2. Navigate to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
  3. Select "System" in the left-hand column.
  4. Open 'File > Import Items' and import the certificate file into the "System" keychain.