To display code of Child and parent in a single line item

Hi,

Is it possible in Anaplan to display the codes of both Child and parent in a single line item. I have requirement to show the code of both in the same line item.

If its Boolean then Any or All summary would work since its text and the list would be at child level I can't apply Formula as a summary so any work around for this. 

I have attached the screenshot for reference 

riyazpasha_1-1662875343019.png

riyazpasha_2-1662875369416.png

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Best Answers

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@riyazpasha 

No, You can not get the codes of the Child and Parent in the same line item by changing the Summary because that line will be dimensioned by one or other list of the same hierarchy. You will have to create multiple lines - one for child and one for Parent  & other technical lines - then merge them into one.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/RANK-within-Multiple-Hierarchies/td-p/59564

See if this article helps, you may need to read just a few paragraphs.

Misbah

Miz Logix

• @riyazpasha 

I think you confused Name and Display name. Display name is appied only in numbered lists. For non-numbered - it's just Name.

You can reference to Display Name of F1 Investment via 'F1 Investment'.Display Name[LOOKUP:'F1 Investment']

Answers

• @riyazpasha 

Here is your formula for text line item:

'Code F1'[LOOKUP:'F1 Investment'] & " - " & 'Code F2'

Also allow me to correct you. First three line items apply to F2 Assets list only. So you have to remove Funds. As you did in the rest of the line items.

So far it looks like you dont need Funds in this module at all...

• Hi @KirillKuznetsov 

Thanks for the quick response

I need the child and Parent code in line item Code F2 which is at F2 Assets level.

Can I get the codes highlighted in yellow in the code F2 which is written in the blue text. Not to concat the child and parent code

Basically I want to show child code( Campus Communities 1,2,3), Campus communities(F1 level) code and Campus communities at Code Reporting level in the same line item

riyazpasha_0-1662915129362.png

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

• @riyazpasha

Thank you for clarification of your requirements.

Just change the summary method of the line item to Formula

• Hi @Misbah ,

Thank for the wonderful article. 

I guess it works for the non number list but for number list it might not work. Currently in my case I have number list so I tried same logic which is not working as NAME(List) will give me #1(ID) but if I try to replace by referencing the display name it would work for F2 Assets but not for F1 and Reporting level so I guess there is no work around for it.

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

• @riyazpashasorry for misleading. @Misbah is right. 

Why don't you reference the display name in F2 and keep referencing NAME(List) in F1 and Reporting?

• Hi @KirillKuznetsov ,

For a number list NAME(F1 Investment) will give ID. That's what I meant in my previous reply. 

Thanks for the prompt response.

riyazpasha_0-1662992480273.png

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

• @KirillKuznetsov ,

Yep I can use lookup I didn't thought about this.

Thanks for the response

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha

Regards,

Riyaz Pasha