Update Current Period Action from Data Hub Not Working

JessicaD
New Contributor

Update Current Period Action from Data Hub Not Working

I’m having trouble with Updating the Current Period action using an imported line item from the Data Hub.

I created a systems module and added a Current Period, time formatted line item with no dimensions in the Data Hub and Spoke Model. I created the action to Update the Current Period in the Data Hub and it worked without errors. However, I cannot import the Data Hub line item into the Spoke model. The mappings do not work. I receive an error message that “Current Period” (which is the name of my line item) isn’t recognized in the calendar. If I add a dimension to the modules, the import works but the line item isn’t recognized in the Update Current Period action. Any suggestions please? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
saglago
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Update Current Period Action from Data Hub Not Working

Hello @JessicaD 

According an article written by JaredDolich importing data into a dimensionless model is fine for a Data Hub, but model to model imports is very challenging without at least one dimension. 

Create a flat list called “Administration” and add one list item called “Value”. Use this as dimension in your Data Hub module. This will help and allow you to map/ import the current period into the bespoke model.

Let me know if this helps.

Sammy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
saglago
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hello @JessicaD 

According an article written by JaredDolich importing data into a dimensionless model is fine for a Data Hub, but model to model imports is very challenging without at least one dimension. 

Create a flat list called “Administration” and add one list item called “Value”. Use this as dimension in your Data Hub module. This will help and allow you to map/ import the current period into the bespoke model.

Let me know if this helps.

Sammy

View solution in original post

JessicaD
New Contributor

@saglago 

Thank you - this worked! I was able to create the flat list and apply as a dimension in the Data Hub. In my spoke model, I set up a module with a Current Period, time formatted line item but no other dimensions. I was able to import from the Data Hub. The Update Current Period action recognized the line item since no other dimensions were applied.

I really appreciate your help!

Jessica