Users List in a deployed mode

einas.ibrahim
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Users List in a deployed mode

Hello everyone,

This issue was brought to my attention by a colleague. A model in a deployed mode allows us to add users one by one, but it doesn't allow us to "import" a file into the user's list.
This is the message we get

einasibrahim_0-1633024747375.png

It is understandable that we can't alter lists that have not been designated as Production Lists because this constitutes a structural change.
User Lists is a special list. but I'd assume if we have to categorize it as a structural list or not it'll fall in the not structural list camp, because users should be able to alter this list (add/remove/edit) users during the lifetime of the model.

Does anyone know why we can't import a User's List into a deployed model while we can add users individually?

Thanks

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jasonblinn

Re: Users List in a deployed mode

@einas.ibrahim 

I believe that the reason that Anaplan is blocking you, in this case, is it is trying to create a new import and Data source which are both structural, as opposed to blocking you for editing the user list.

I have done this in the past and the workaround (yes, it is tedious!) is that you create the import in DEV, then I always set both the data source and import to production data sources and Production Imports, run a sync to PROD, and then you have to load the file into prod through the import data source, and can then run the import. 

Hope this helps!
Jason

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rob_marshall

@einas.ibrahim 

Quick question, when you sync'd the Prod model to Dev, in Dev, did you have a file or source as a placeholder in order to load the users to Production?

Rob

einas.ibrahim

Hello @rob_marshall 

I believe Dev had a list of users (added the old fashion way) then it was synched to production. So no, there were no list placeholders. 

Einas
"Give a Man a Fish, and You Feed Him for a Day. Teach a Man To Fish, and You Feed Him for a Lifetime"
jasonblinn

@einas.ibrahim 

I believe that the reason that Anaplan is blocking you, in this case, is it is trying to create a new import and Data source which are both structural, as opposed to blocking you for editing the user list.

I have done this in the past and the workaround (yes, it is tedious!) is that you create the import in DEV, then I always set both the data source and import to production data sources and Production Imports, run a sync to PROD, and then you have to load the file into prod through the import data source, and can then run the import. 

Hope this helps!
Jason

View solution in original post

einas.ibrahim

Thanks @jasonblinn 

Sounds like it should work
I'll share this information with my colleague and I'll let you know how it pans out.

Einas
einas.ibrahim

Thanks @jasonblinn 👌

Einas