View access based on User list

Options
khoonks
edited November 2022 in Modeling

Hi, 

I have a module where users create New Cost lines. Since the security is based on Groups, users can see costs created by other users within the group. Now the ask is that users should see the costs created only by them, for example, User A would see cost items created only by A, B should see only B's lines etc. Note that we have the a line item in this module that captures the email of the person that creates the line.. It is formatted as the User. In one of my previous model, we had a list called Users where we had name of users and it had selective access. Then the User List was used as dimension in the module. But in this example, user is a line item (not a dimension).

Any thoughts?

Answers

• ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @khoonks 

By "New Cost Lines", you mean the user creates new list items, right?

-Shubham

• khoonks
    edited November 2022
    Options

Thats correct.

They create new list items.

• ShubhamCh
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi @khoonks 

So, how about you try Selective access for Cost Lines and build one import action which imports into the User section at the time when the new Cost Lines are created.

Using this new import action, you'll give write access to only those list items which were created by the user, and you already have that information in one line item.

*You may have to create one staging module for that. I have shared my initial idea. It may or may not work but you should view the problem from this point as well.

Thanks!

-Shubham