Warning Meassage when ticking boolean

diecht
New Contributor

Warning Meassage when ticking boolean

Hello,

To give some background information:

In our Forecast at my company we have set up a Dynamic Access Control of Cell with that boolean so the responsible planner can submit the forecast. 
is there any way for me to set up a warning message in Anaplan when ticking that boolean ?

Kind regards

Hendrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anand.shekhawat
Valued Contributor

Re: Warning Meassage when ticking boolean

@diecht  

I don't think so we could implement something like that in Anaplan.

~Anand

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SathyaM
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi @diecht,

You can achieve this using Conditional Formatting by highlighting the cells and display Comments if Boolean is ticked. (Sample screenshot below)

SathyaM_0-1641548030807.png

Thanks

Sathya

anand.shekhawat
Valued Contributor

@diecht 

You can give a Formula driven Text formatted line item as the Warning display box. It will display whatever Warning message you want to get flashed when the Driver Boolean is checked or unchecked. You can also apply a conditional formatting on the Text Cell as well if required. Other then this if you want a Pop-up type warning message, I don't think so it can be done in Anaplan.

~Anand

diecht
New Contributor

Hello Anand,

Actually I want a pop up message when ticking the boolean so the planer assures he is finished and agrees to "submit" or reverse the ticking. 

So the Text message should pop up before the final "submission"(ticking) is done.

sorry for being so unprecise in describing the desired outcome. 

anand.shekhawat
Valued Contributor

@diecht  

I don't think so we could implement something like that in Anaplan.

~Anand

EgeK
Contributor

Hi Hendrik,

Yes, you can set up a KPI card that you use as a feedback message on the New UX.

If it refers to a line item formatted as text and you write a formula to automate the message, then it will say something depending whether the boolean is true or false. You will need an IF, THEN function.

You can also use conditional formatting to have some sort of traffic light feedback too on the KPI card if you wanted.

If you need more assistance, just let me know. I hope this helps your query!

Ege